17 April 2008

Happy Tax Day!





Yes, I know it's supposed to have been a few days ago, but if you are anything like me, all you managed to file was am extension.  McAvoy sent me a great article that succinctly voices the disgust I feel as I glance left and right in this glorious election year.  Here is a very mild snippet, followed by the link.  Thanks Brett!

Tax day is truly the lone bipartisan day of the year. We all hate it equally. It's a day that liberals can agree with Ronald Reagan, who said, "High taxes and excess spending growth created our present economic mess. More of the same will not cure the hardship, anxiety and discouragement it has imposed on the American people."

It is also a day when conservatives can agree with John F. Kennedy, who said, "I see no magic in tax dollars which are sent to Washington and then returned. I abhor the waste and incompetence of large-scale federal bureaucracies...."

So, in the spirit of bipartisanship, let me attempt one simple tax policy argument. Lower the corporate income tax.


http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/04/14/beck.taxday/index.html

No comments: